:What you’ll learn
- The definitions of design and related concepts in philosophy
- Aesthetic definitions of taste and judgment in relation to design
- Design aspects within socio-economic histories
- Design’s role in the production of social space, the politics of religion, state, race, gender and personal identity
- The development of contemporary design in relation to new industrial models of production and new communication technologies
- Views on the future of design in the context of posthumanist theories
The first of its kind, this course is a pioneering exploration into theories of design theory. Much of the way we interact as a society springs from design and is influenced by it. Design specialists around the world are continually redefining what design is and how it should be positioned within social, political and economic dynamics. In this course, you'll gain a better understanding of the scope of design and the role it plays in our day to day life.
The course invites curious parties, potential future designers, as well as those interested in adjacent domains, to engage with current discourses around design theory, as these are presented in design academic circles internationally. It offers students both an in-depth understanding of these issues and key analytical tools for further thinking.
עצמי: למידה בזמן שמתאים לכם.
מונחה: לוח הזמנים נבנה ע"י צוות הקורס.